To commemorate 75 Years since the end of WW2, Fergus has come up with a special ‘Spitfire’ cocktail. View the recipe below.
Don’t forget to raise a toast at 3pm on Friday 8th to thank our Heroes.
To make one you will need:
Spiced Navy Rum – 50ml
Lemon juice – 25ml
The white of one egg
Homemade Rhubarb syrup (recipe below) – 35ml
Other Equipment: Cocktail Shaker, Cocktail Strainer and a stemmed cocktail glass.
- Take your cocktail shaker and add in the white from one egg.
- Squeeze in 25ml of lemon juice (roughly the juice of half a lemon), 50ml of Rum and 35ml of Rhubarb Syrup.
- Seal up your cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to whisk up the cocktail into a foamy texture.
- Open the shaker, add ice, re-seal and shake until chilled.
- Finally we can strain the cocktail into a Stemmed glass and Enjoy.
To make the Rhubarb Syrup 500ml:
English Rhubarb – 500 grams
White Granulated Sugar – 175 Grams
Fresh Water – 500 ml
Other Equipment: Fine mesh strainer, 2 sauce pans, a glass Jar or bottle
- Wash the Rhubarb clean, remove the ends and chop into small even pieces.
- Add the Rhubarb to a saucepan and add 500ml of water.
- Bring the water to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. let the Rhubarb cook for around 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, the water should become a bright pink colour and the rhubarb will be very soft.
- using the fine mesh strainer, separate the rhubarb pulp from the liquid over a second saucepan.
- Add in 175ml of White granulated sugar and heat until all sugar is dissolved. continue to reduce the mixture to get a thicker consistency.
- Finally remove from the heat and leave to cool before containing in a glass jar or bottle.
(This is the method I used, it will make enough syrup for roughly 12 cocktails.)